Reports To: COO/CFO
Location: Boston, MA
Comlinkdata is looking for a self-directed and experienced Controller to oversee all financial and accounting activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for budget management, financial analysis, payroll, forecasting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, debt management and financial reporting. Additionally, there is the opportunity to explore broader functional responsibilities (e.g. IT and/or HR) depending on the candidate background and interests. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy work place and is well-versed in working closely with senior management. Comlinkdata is a fast-growing company with a subscription-based revenue model and is looking for a Controller that has the ability to help mature its financial operations and provide the expertise to enable growth.
Including but not limited to:
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions (IT and accountants)
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
Reporting & Analysis
- Provide financial analyses for investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Desired Qualifications: The controller candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 8+ years of progressively responsible experience. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At this time, Comlinkdata will not sponsor a new applicant for employment sponsorship for this position.
Comlinkdata is the leading provider of telecom market data and insights. We provide clients with unique, real-time, query ready data that is combined with our analysts’ telecom expertise. At Comlinkdata, we help you make data-driven business decisions with confidence. Our data and insights provide you with the tools you need to analyze and optimize your business strategy ranging from decisions based on network investments, to pricing to market positioning.
Comlinkdata is headquartered in Boston with an additional office in Montreal. For more information, visit our website at Comlinkdata.com and follow us on Twitter and Instagram (@Comlinkdata) or LinkedIn: Comlinkdata.