Reports to: Director of Data Operations
Location: Boston, MA
Comlinkdata is seeking a quantitative, critical thinker with an insatiable curiosity to join the Data Operations team as a Data Analyst. The Data Operations team is a critical component of Comlinkdata. They ensure our data is validated, the platform is working correctly and they explore opportunities to leverage new data sets to improve and create new products.
The Data Analyst will support the Data Operations team by gathering data, analyzing ad hoc reports, providing quality assurance and working jointly with the Client Services team to investigate data abnormalities. This candidate should be interested in working with large data sets in an “R&D skunkworks,” product development environment.
Including, but not limited to:
- Analyze and interpret data using statistical and business models
- Identify correlations and trends in data, in addition to internal and external factors that could affect the results of our information
- Provide input on how to integrate additional data sets from independent sources we can use to leverage our existing data
- Collaborate with colleagues on ad hoc projects within the data science teams (Data ops and R&D)
- Validate data daily using external data and research (quantitative and qualitative)
- Troubleshoot data issues
- 0– 2 years of work experience (or comparable educational experience) in quantitative analysis
- Proficient in Excel and SQL
- Experience business and statistical modeling
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Creative and independent thinker with a desire to learn new technical skills
- Success at working on cross-functional teams to meet a common goal
- Self-starter with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize in a multitask environment
- Knowledge of PYTHON and VB a plus (or willing to learn)
- Knowledge of R, S-Plus, SAS, Stata, Gauss or Matlab a plus (or willing to learn)
At this time, Comlinkdata will not sponsor a new applicant for employment sponsorship for this position.
Comlinkdata is the leading provider of telecom market data and insights. We provide clients with unique, real-time, query ready data that is combined with our analysts’ telecom expertise. At Comlinkdata, we help you make data-driven business decisions with confidence. Our data and insights provide you with the tools you need to analyze and optimize your business strategy ranging from decisions based on network investments, to pricing to market positioning.
Comlinkdata is headquartered in Boston with an additional office in Montreal. For more information, visit our website at Comlinkdata.com and follow us on Twitter and Instagram (@Comlinkdata) or LinkedIn: Comlinkdata.