Analyst, Research & Development
Reports to: VP, Product Development and Data Science
Location: Boston, MA
Comlinkdata is seeking a highly analytical candidate to join our team as an Analyst on the Research and Development (R&D) team. The R&D team conducts early stage research to prioritize new product concepts, manages the short term product pipeline by taking products and features to at least a proof of concept stage, and identifies and integrates external data to compliment and enrich our existing proprietary data.
The Analyst will support the R&D Team with their strong business acumen and ability to operationalize R&D prototypes. Strong communication and experience collaborating across multiple teams is a must. They should enjoy working with complex problems and use a broad range of analytical techniques to creatively tackle new questions and issues as they arise.
Including but not limited to:
Define Customer Needs and Pursue Solutions
Collaborate with client services team to understand our clients’ needs
Break down complex problems into discrete issues and determine which ones to prioritize and pursue
Collect, Clean and Set-up Data
Evaluate external data sources for usefulness, reliability and ease of integration
Wrangle structured and unstructured data from diverse sources into a standardized form
Play with the data until it breaks and surface issues before it gets to the client
Analyze and Visualize Data
Design and conduct comparative analyses of large complex datasets to determine next steps
Summarize analysis using a wide range of data visualization techniques to determine the types of insights derived from the product and data limitations
Prototype new ways of visualizing and interacting with our data
Draw relevant conclusions from analysis and make recommendations based on how these conclusions impact new and existing products
Document data definitions to be embedded in new products and business rules for analysis of these new data
Work with internal teams (product development, client services, data operations) to translate analytical findings into product requirements and insights for clients
- Relevant work experience. Please note that we are interested in strong candidates of all experience levels. Title and salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Strong toolkit of quantitative and qualitative analytical techniques rooted in business, economic and statistical analysis
- Examples of business analysis include: market competitiveness, financial analysis, social media monitoring
- Examples of statistical analysis include: linear regression, logistic regression, non-parametric statistics, probabilistic modelling, spatial modeling
- Passionate about telling stories using data
- Desire to get hands dirty working with data every day, balanced with ability to surface insights that shape new products
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, or able to generate compatible outputs using other tools, e.g. csv files
- Some experience with statistical packages (e.g. R, Python, SPSS, SAS, STATA)
- Machine learning (classification, clustering, optimization)
- Survey design and analysis
- Social network analysis
- Proficiency with SQL a significant plus
- Telecoms industry expertise a significant plus
- Some experience with data visualization tools desirable (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire)
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Explain why you are interested in working for Comlinkdata and the specific role.
2. Describe one relevant project where you used data to create actionable business insights or a data-driven product
At this time, Comlinkdata will not sponsor a new applicant for employment sponsorship for this position.
Comlinkdata is the leading provider of telecom market data and insights. We provide clients with unique, real-time, query ready data that is combined with our analysts’ telecom expertise. At Comlinkdata, we help you make data-driven business decisions with confidence. Our data and insights provide you with the tools you need to analyze and optimize your business strategy ranging from decisions based on network investments, to pricing to market positioning.
Comlinkdata is headquartered in Boston. For more information, visit our website at Comlinkdata.com and follow us on Twitter (@Comlinkdata) or LinkedIn: Comlinkdata.