Reports to: VP of Data Operations
Location: Boston, MA
Comlinkdata is seeking a quantitative, critical thinker with an insatiable curiosity to join the Data Operations team as a Data Analyst. The Data Operations team is a critical component of Comlinkdata. They ensure our data is validated, the platform is working correctly and they explore opportunities to leverage new data sets to improve and create new products.
The Data Analyst will support the Data Operations team by gathering data, analyzing ad hoc reports, providing quality assurance and working jointly with the Client Services team to investigate data abnormalities. This candidate should be interested in working with large data sets in an “R&D skunkworks,” product development environment.
Including, but not limited to:
- Analyze and interpret data using statistical and business models
- Identify correlations and trends in data, in addition to internal and external factors that could affect the results of our information
- Provide input on how to integrate additional data sets from independent sources we can use to leverage our existing data
- Collaborate with colleagues on ad hoc projects within the data science teams (Data ops and R&D)
- Validate data daily using external data and research (quantitative and qualitative)
- Troubleshoot data issues
- 3-5 years of work experience (or comparable educational experience) in quantitative analysis
- Proficient in Excel and SQL
- Experience business and statistical modeling
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Creative and independent thinker with a desire to learn new technical skills
- Success at working on cross-functional teams to meet a common goal
- Self-starter with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize in a multitask environment
- Knowledge of PYTHON and VB a plus (or willing to learn)
- Knowledge of R, S-Plus, SAS, Stata, Gauss or Matlab a plus (or willing to learn)
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At this time, Comlinkdata will not sponsor a new applicant for employment sponsorship for this position.
Comlinkdata is a 9-year-old, Boston based, analytics company that specializes in providing valuable insight across the telecom industry. It’s customers have come to rely on and respect the high quality of our data and the depth of our analysis to make daily tactical decisions and validate short and long-term strategic goals. Built on a culture of collaboration and innovation and using leading technology and unique data sources, the team unlocks critical consumer behavior used to analyze and predict market trends.