Reports to: Director of Engineering
Location: Boston, MA
Comlinkdata is a 9-year-old, Boston based, analytics company that specializes in providing valuable insight across the telecom industry. It’s customers have come to rely on and respect the high quality of our data and the depth of our analysis to make daily tactical decisions and
validate short and long-term strategic goals. Built on a culture of collaboration and innovation and using leading technology and unique data sources, the team unlocks critical consumer behavior used to analyze and predict market trends.
Comlinkdata is looking for a Data Engineer. If you have experience in building data pipelines
and a desire to evolve your skills in Big Data and contribute directly to the evolution of a fast growing company we want to hear from you. The perfect candidate will have strong
fundamentals in engineering, a desire to learn and a passion for problem solving.
- Process Terabytes of data securely and efficiently utilizing S3 data lake, Spark, MapReduce, Hbase, Scala and SparkSQL
- Maintain existing pipelines, incorporating new business rules and integrating new
- Collaborate and support our data science and product development teams to support
new product development activities.
- Research, identify and implement new tools to support our evolution and improve
the efficiency of our environments.
- 2 years of work experience in large data processing and analytics projects
- University Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or similar
- Well trained in good programming practices and computer science fundamentals
- Experience in working with large data in AWS, utilizing ECS with Docker and
- Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem Spark, HBASE, Presto, Hive, Pig
- Knowledge of SparkSQL, SparkRDD, Data Frames, Data Sets, Scala
- Experience with SQL (MSSQL, PostgreSQL and Redshift SQL)
- Experience with Python
- A great communicator and collaborator
- A problem solver with a desire to learn
At this time, Comlinkdata will not sponsor a new applicant for employment sponsorship for this position.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.