DBA and Data Lake Admin
Reports To: Director of Engineering
Location: Boston MA or Montreal QC
Comlinkdata is looking for an experienced mid to senior level DBA to assist in taking our organization to the next level. This position can be based in our Montreal, QC office or our headquarters in Boston, MA.
If you like to solve problems, have a desire to continue learning, and a passion for developing and improving applications, then this position is for you. We are looking for a self-starter to lead this process, and teach others the path forward to a mature database structure. We fully recognize the importance and challenges involved in this, and so your initiatives will receive the most senior level of support to give you the best chance of success.
You will collaborate across Comlinkdata teams to ensure our data and products exceed client expectations. You’ll be driven to help the team meet their goals of working with major data sets of hundreds of terabytes, improving optimizing processes, and streamlining our many data processes.
Including but not limited to:
- Optimizing a multi-terabyte Enterprise SQL Server
- Iterating on the permission structures through the full lifecycle, for SQL Server, Redshift, PostgreSQL RDS and an S3 data-lake
- Improving our ongoing security posture
- Work with web-services and business users to develop simple and scalable schemas for our product backend
- 2-5 years of work experience in the area of DBA, backend developer or a position with similar requirements
- Experience managing SQL Server and PostgreSQL systems, including but not limited to: availability, security, access management, sizing and performance tuning, with an OLAP-dominant workload
- Expertise in database design best practices
- Good knowledge on Linux and Windows, scripting using Bash, PowerShell and Python, version control with git, encryption and Layer-3 networking
- University degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or similar
- Self-motivated, capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Certifications: SQL Server (MSCA or above); PostgreSQL (Associate)
- Experience with data warehouse (AWS Redshift) and data lake architectures (AWS S3)
- Experience with cloud-hosted and managed database solutions (AWS EC2, RDS)
- Experience with Hadoop frameworks (Hive, Presto and Spark)
At this time, Comlinkdata will not sponsor a new applicant for employment sponsorship for this position.
Candidates must submit a resume and cover letter to be considered.
Comlinkdata is the leading provider of telecom market data and consumer behavior insights. Our real-time market data provides clients with a unique, 360-degree view of the telecom market ranging from high-level trends to zip code level analysis. Customers can access our data through our easy-to-use, web based platform, which empowers users to derive actionable insights quickly. In addition to our data and platform, our Client Services team, composed of telecom-savvy analysts, compliments our data and self-service platform with in-depth analysis and innovative analytical techniques to provide fresh market insights. Comlinkdata is headquartered in Boston with an additional office in Montreal. For more information, visit our website at Comlinkdata.com and follow us on Twitter (@Comlinkdata) or LinkedIn: Comlinkdata.