Director, Client Analytics & Insights
Location: Boston, MA
Comlinkdata helps major players in the telecom ecosystem understand and improve
their market performance. We do this by leveraging our proprietary data, analytics
expertise and telecom industry knowledge in an ongoing engagement with our clients,
helping them to make better marketing decisions and ultimately, to attract and retain
We’re looking for a Director to join our Client Analytics & Insights (CAI) team. The CAI
team provides an advisory service that turns Comlinkdata’s proprietary data into useful
market insights for our clients. The Director will lead the engagement with one or more
major client accounts and manage a dedicated analyst team to support their clients.
The Director will apply creativity, analytical skill and industry knowledge to our client’s
most critical business questions. The Director will enjoy working with data and
translating it into a compelling story based on an in-depth understanding of the client.
They will work with large, complex data sets and collaborate with team members to
build client deliverables. The Director will develop real, actionable insights and
recommendations for our clients. The Director will represent the Comlinkdata brand in
communications across the client organization, often with senior executives, and be
dedicated to creating an outstanding customer experience.
Including but not limited to:
- Engage deeply with your assigned clients by proactively identifying and
communicating opportunities for growth, responding to ad-hoc requests to
answer business queseitons and delivering regular reports for clients.
- Own and manage relationships with assigned clients. Work to ensure high levels
of client satisfaction, support contract renewals, and drive sales of new products.
- Tell stories with data – starting from detailed examination of data, develop
compelling narratives about market trends and implication for our clients
- Manage the execution of novel and complex analysis that leverages
Comlinkdata’s proprietary data and other in-house data sets
- Develop and deliver client presentations. The Director will lead junior team members and contribute independently in creating Powerpoint presentations for in-person and remote delivery to our clients
- Lead teams to apply tools such as Excel, SQL, R and to extract useful data, to create reports, ultimately to deliver client insights
- Serve as an industry expert by analyzing key industry trends, events, and players. Contribute to the development of Comlinkdata’s thought leadership
- Partner with sales and marketing to communicate Comlinkdata’s capabilities, product suite and market insights to client and prospects
- Understand and anticipate client needs to drive research, product development and client priorities
- Critically evaluate the methods and procedures used to obtain data in order to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy
- Lead one or more dedicated client teams comprised of 1-4 Analysts, Sr. Analysts, and Managers
- Manage performance reviews, mentoring, and professional development for team members
- 7-10+ years of experience in business analysis, data analysis, market research, or
- 3+ years telecommunications industry experience (wireless, broadband, cable,
and/or device markets)
- 3+ years of experience leading teams to execute novel analysis of diverse data
- Experience managing teams using Excel, SQL, R and other tools for analysis of
large data sets
- Demonstrated experience owning client and/or stakeholder relationships
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving
- Strong business writing and presentation development skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in fast-paced and unstructured environments
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing staff development (e.g.,
- Experience in B2B SaaS businesses a plus
- Prior consulting experience a plus
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
At this time, Comlinkdata will not sponsor a new applicant for employment sponsorship for this position.
Comlinkdata is a 10-year-old, Boston based, analytics company that specializes in providing valuable insight across the telecom industry. It’s customers have come to rely on and respect the high quality of our data and the depth of our analysis to make daily tactical decisions and validate short and long-term strategic goals. Built on a culture of collaboration and innovation and using leading technology and unique data sources, the team unlocks critical consumer behavior used to analyze and predict market trends.