Reports To: Director, DevOps and Canadian Operations
Location: Montreal, QC
Comlinkdata is looking for an experienced Mid-Level to Senior Software Engineer to join our Development and DevOps team located in Montreal, Canada. If you have strong programming/problem solving skills, a desire to continue learning and a passion for developing and improving applications, then we want to speak with you.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll collaborate with the DevOps and DataOps teams on core backend development, data processing code, infrastructure management and new product development. You’ll also collaborate across Comlinkdata teams to ensure our data and products exceed client expectations. As a Software Engineer, you’ll be driven to help the team meet their goals of improving optimizing processes, improving system security, and developing more streamlining our many data operations.
Software Engineers will have the opportunity to further develop their programming skills, work with big data, and implement new technology.
Including but not limited to:
• Manage a large AWS Infrastructure across many services
• Monitor and troubleshoot, network insights, access, alerts and dashboards
• Create new environments for product development teams
• Design backend tables from scratch and optimize previously built tables
• Monitor the ongoing operations of servicing a real-time data analytics service
• Collaborate with DevOps team members and other cross-functional teams on various projects
• Example: Proof of concept for the new Amazon Service Aurora
• 4– 10 years of work experience in back-end development
• University Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or similar
• Well trained in good programming practices
• Sound computer science fundamentals
• Advanced knowledge of Python (or similar scripting language)
• Advanced knowledge of SQL (MSSQL, MySQL and T-SQL)
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with AWS Environment or Similar Cloud Services
• Experience with Java, C++ or C
• Self-motivated; capable of working independently and as part of a team
• Principles of TCP, DNS, SSL
• Security best practices and encryption
• Database Design Experience
• NoSQL Databases
• Hadoop/EMR cluster tuning
• Test Driven Development
• ML algorithms and good ML implementation practices
• Java Spring, AngularJS, R
At this time, Comlinkdata will not sponsor a new applicant for employment sponsorship for this position.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comlinkdata is the leading provider of telecom market data and consumer behavior insights. Our real-time market data provides clients with a unique, 360-degree view of the telecom market ranging from high-level trends to zip code level analysis. Customers can access our data through our easy-to-use, web based platform, which empowers users to derive actionable insights quickly. In addition to our data and platform, our Client Services team, composed of telecom-savvy analysts, compliments our data and self-service platform with in-depth analysis and innovative analytical techniques to provide fresh market insights. Comlinkdata is headquartered in Boston with an additional office in Montreal. For more information, visit our website at Comlinkdata.com and follow us on Twitter (@Comlinkdata) or LinkedIn: Comlinkdata.