This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We use your information for several purposes, discussed herein: to provide services requested by you; and to improve our products and services.
By using our products and/or services, you consent to the collection and use of this information by us, as set out in this policy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this website. This includes any information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to one or more of our services, or requesting further services. We collect specific information such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, a unique login name, password, and password validation. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We gather date, time, certain information about a user’s browser and system or device configuration and capabilities, navigation history and IP address for all visitors to our web sites. We use this information for our internal security audit log, for trend analysis and system administration and to gather broad information about our audiences and their geographic locations.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
How we use your information
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- For any other purpose that we tell you about when you give us the information.
- You may opt out of any email marketing lists by following the directions at the bottom of our promotional emails. You may also send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with OPT OUT in the subject line. You may update most online registrations by visiting a preference page after you have logged on to the site.
Disclosure of your information
We reserve the right to disclose information about you to third parties in certain circumstances:
(i) to vendors who work on our behalf;
(ii) in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such
business or assets;
(iii) if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in
which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
(iv) if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in the good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable including, without limitation, in order to enforce other agreements or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our companies, our customers, or others.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect personal information against theft, loss, or misuse. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information about you and your professional interests, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you submit to us. You remain responsible for protecting your user name and passwords and for the security of information in transit to us over the Internet.
Our products, services, events and offerings are directed to professionals. They are not directed towards children under the age of thirteen.
How to Contact Us